Hair is the best accessory. We spent a lot of time and money on hairstyling and treatments, but we forget to take proper care of our hair. The amount of time we invest in our hair care routine determines the health of our hair. Here are a few hair care tips to get those shiny and voluminous tresses:
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo every second or third day to keep away bad hair days. Rinse your hair properly to remove every trace of shampoo.
- Apply conditioner gently on the hair body and ends every time you shampoo your hair. Do not apply conditioner on the scalp. Rinse thoroughly.
- Massage your hair with oil once a week. Leave it for 1-2 hours and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Apply hair mask once a month to tame frizz and maintain shiny hair.
- Brush your hair several times a day. Use a brush with soft bristles. Brushing hair gently improves blood circulation and gives hair a natural shine and bounce.
- Get your hair trimmed every 2-3 weeks to prevent split ends and breakage. If you are growing your hair long, it is very important to get it trimmed regularly as it promotes faster growth.
- Do not overuse hair styling products. If you do, then set your dryer, straightener, curling iron to low heat mode. Always apply a heat protecting serum before using these products.
- Take care of your diet. Eat lots of fruits and veggies. Make sure that you include foods rich in protein in your diet. Avoid high–fat processed foods. Drink atleast 10-12 glasses of water everyday.
- Take proper sleep every night. A good sleep at night promotes hair growth and balances the oil content of hair.
- Protect your hair from direct heat of the sun by carrying an umbrella or wearing a scarf.
With these basic hair care tips, you will surely get healthy hair that would attract many compliments. So, start your hair care routine today!